Friday, February 24, 2012

CC contest #4 - primary colors

There was another contest/challenge on Crop Chocolate, and this time it was to make a project using ONLY primary colors - red, blue and yellow.  Of course, my mind first went to school pictures and the fact that I was a little behind with Sam's pictures.  So I pulled out some packets of pictures and LO's to scraplift that I had saved for "future" use.  One of them was perfect for this challenge - the second year my DS was in the Penguin room at his daycare.

My goal was to use all CC bought products.  However, I got to a point where I knew that by adding the ribbon it would add more than just adding the buttons.  So I failed at my goal.  Oh well.

I used EP's Little Boy, Bo Bunny All Stuck Up buttercup buttons, MM giggle kids rub-ons and looking glass stickers, and SU tempting turquoise ribbon.

The LO I lifted was from Scrapbooksetc Feb/March 2008 magazine, page 125.  I really liked how there was a "frame" about the LO.

Of course, once I got this LO done, I decided to finish the other LO I had pulled out - the first year DS was in the Dragon room at daycare.  I had already picked out papers and some embellishments for this one, so I decided to stay with them.  Unfortunately, since I had laid this out a few years ago, I don't necessarily remember where everything is from.  OOPS!!

Of those that I do remember or I picked as I went, OT preschool paper kit, DCWV mat stacks bright coordinating prints, BG chipboard alpha, Offray MyMoments sticker ribbons, MM kids fresh alpha stickers - spotlight, MM tiny alpha stickers - white and black, MAMBI monograms rub-ons.  The dragons are from clip art I found on the web.

The LO I lifted is also one I found on the web a few years ago.  I wish I could remember from where.

Well, there's two more LO's from my "to do" pile.  How many more???  sigh......

No comments:

Post a Comment