Friday, March 2, 2012

CC challenge Leap year

So this week, it was my task to create the challenge on CropChocolate.com!  Well, since it was leap day when it came out, I decided to try to incorporate some leap year trivia.  I found out that in the way olden days, it was determined that the woman could propose to the man on leap day (and only then).  So I decided to word the challenge as such: 

"According to folklore and tradition, Leap Day is thought of as the time when the woman can propose to the man. Of course, things have changed a lot since then. But sometimes, this still happens (luckily we don't have to wait for a 2/29 to occur). So create a project that depicts how you would have proposed (or would like to) to your significant other, or create an extra special birthday card for someone who has a 2/29 birthday. Use twine and some sort of leaping or hopping (animal, action, etc). Must use 50% CC product!"

Here is the project I made as an example.

I used EP 6x6 Victoria Gardens, bakers twine in lemondrop yellow, and France Meyer stickers (frog).  I fussy cut some slots in the peachy paper to insert the printed paper.  And I also cut out around the pattern in the yellow paper.  Then I sewed a jumping motion for the frog and popped the frog up with 3-d dots.  Then I added my engagement ring and hung it on a wine bottle.

Since I had a little trouble coming up with something to say and do, I figured others might also.  So then I added the birthday part to make the challenge a little less restrictive.  It still caused a little uproar amongst the ladies on CC.  So a lot of the other members of the design team have been helpful to make some really great projects to help others along with brainstorming.  I decided to make another project also.  This time I made a birthday card.

 I decided to go with a "springing" action.  As the squares twist, they also pop off the paper.  It's hard to see on this picture, so I added a closeup from the side.

For this one, I used EP 6x6 Victoria Gardens, SU cardstock in sage shadow, MM metro mini shimmer alphas in gold, and baker's twine in lemondrop yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment