Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CC Focus Group Projects

So shortly after the CC DT was chosen and introduced, CC started a Focus Group of shoppers to help with ideas, product reviews, and wishes.  The DT members were automatically included.  Each month we were asked to create a project following certain guidelines.  Here are those projects and the guidelines/rules we were asked to follow.

For August, we were asked to create a project based on a collage of nature pictures.  There was a stone fence, butterflies, flowers, and lots of colors involved.  So I came up with the following birthday card.


However, I forgot one very important rule about the projects: most of the products needed to be ones we had bought from CC.  And in this card, absolutely none of them were.  OOPS!!  So I had to start anew, and came up with a similar, but simplified version of the card which followed the rules.


For September, we were asked to create a project using an embellishment that we made.  I decided to use ribbon and create a special kind of border.  It's not my favorite project, but I think it works.


The guidelines for October were to use some kind of stitching - be it real or faux.  So I decided to make some thank you cards for my walk, and create a border using two different types of stitching.


With Thanksgiving coming up, for November's project we were asked to think about what we are grateful for and "Count our Blessings".  There are a lot of things I am grateful for, so I had a hard time coming up with a solid idea.  Finally, I decided on an LO about mine and DH's anniversary this year.  We hit 15 years this year, and I am very grateful that I found such a good man to have as my DH, who loves me for who I am, and puts up with all my quirks (and he knows I have a lot, LOL)!!  I am also grateful that my sister and her family live so close to us, and her kids are close in age to mine.  So DH and I decided to get away for a night (at a local B&B), and left the kids with my sister.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the pictures yet, but here is the LO.  The papers here are from EP's For the Record.  I also used American Craft Thickers, among a few others.


Then, in December, we were asked to go "old school".  Since I've only been doing this kind of thing for about 7 years, I decided to interpret this by using some of the first products I bought.  I still use them, and I know that they are still available in stores, but it was all I could think of.  I combined this challenge with one from Sketch Inspirations (Sketch #250) and used their LO sketch.  It also worked perfectly for scrapping some pictures I wanted to use of my DS.  For paper, I used EP's Wintertime.  The old school products I used were the felt border, edge scissors and photo corners.  The journaling card pulls-out.


For January, we were given another photo as inspirations.  This time it was of stained glass windows in a spiral shape.  I decided to use the bright colors and spiral shape in my project.  I made a birthday card that can be used for a kid or a man.  I decided to use the black as the background because the different parts of stained glass windows are usually separated by black strips.  I used EP's Happy Days 6x6 pad for the circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment