Friday, March 16, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge this week

This week's challenge over at Paper Girls Challenge Blog was to use a stamp as a background or accent.  This is only their third challenge, and so far I have loved every one.  I hope to be able to continue participating.  Luckily they give you almost two whole weeks to complete a project for the challenge - I think that's what is going to save me.

Anyway, it's been awhile since I've played with some of my stamps.  I've been buying so many awesome patterned papers from CC, that I haven't had the excuse or reason to make my own.  Well, this challenge gave me that excuse - I loved it!!!

I decided to do both a stamped background and stamped accents.  Since I have wheels, it's easy to stamp a background.  I even pulled out some older pictures of my DS to use one this LO.  These are from when my DH and BIL had to travel to Boston for work during Christmas break.  Since my BIL is from Boston, my sister decided that she was going to go with them.  So the two of us followed the guys and made it a road trip with three kids under 5.  Of course, once we got there we had to find things to do - LOL!!  One of them was to go to the Children's Museum of Boston - they absolutely LOVED it there!!!  Here is the LO of my DS enjoying himself at just about every exhibit we felt was appropriate for an 18month old.  He bounced back and forth between some of them a lot.

For this LO, I used a lot of SU products - Simiply Scrappin' Primary Colors, Crayon ABC's wheel, Crayon Kids stamp set, Ruby Red ink, Brilliant Blue ink, Riding Hood Red ink and watercolor pencils.  Then I rounded it out with MM kids fresh sticker alphas - spotlight, and American Traiditional Deisgn - chipboard alphas.  The layout idea came from Sketch Inspirations - #233.

1 comment:

  1. Wheels are so great for backgrounds. I *need* to get more! Thanks for entering your great layout over at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete