Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Storage Box for scrap desk

This month's challenge for the Crop Chocolate design team was to create a project by either recycling or upcycling something else.  I had a hard time trying to decide what to do.  There were a number of things that I've held onto thinking I might be able to make something out of it, but nothing screamed "good enough for the Crop Chocolate shoppers".  Then I remembered I had these wood boxes from some Melissa and Doug play kitchen products, and I realized I could play with some products that I haven't before - distress inks and glimmer mists - and make a small organizer of sorts for my scrap desk.  I could use it to hold my post-its and paper clips that I use to mark magazines and catalogs with ideas I like.



So this is what it ended up looking like: 

It certainly turned out better than I was hoping it would. 

To see more information regarding products used and techniques, you can visit the Crop Chocolate blog.

I had a lot of fun using these products and will definitely use them again, and will look at using them in a lot of different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment