Thursday, May 3, 2012

Focus group challenges

So I have been a little remiss in posting my Crop Chocolate Focus Group projects over the last few months.  I just haven't been very consistent about getting them up here.  Shame on me!!!!  Heehee!!!

Well, here you go.  For February's challenge, we were given a recipe of items to use in a project:  a pinwheel, 2 trims/ribbons, 3 colors, and staples.  We didn't have to use them all, but I tried to.  Howeever, I don't own staples that are safe, so I skipped that part.  Instead I used a brad.

CC Products used:  EP Happy Days 6x6, Mm celery ribbon, M fresh anthology picot daffodil ribbon, MM brad - paper reverie metallique.
 Non-CC products used: white cardstock and Mrs. Grossman's stickers.

March's challenge was a photo inspiration.  Amber's DH had made a comment comaring getting excited about scrapbooking to getting excited about a sunset, so she decided that would be our inspiration for that month's challenge.  At first this one was tough.  Of course, I could not find the pictures from the shore (that's about the only place I get the chance to take pictures of sunsets), so I decided to use the colors as my inspiration.  But I went with a somewhat subdued set of colors, which reminded me of MME's So Sophie Graceful set.

Then as I was going through some pictures I had to scrap, I decided to use the pictures of Sam's first days of Kindergarten.  As the basis for my LO inspiration, I used Sketch Inspiration's sketch #310 from due March 10.  For the challenge for SI, I used the sketch pretty much as was and documented Sam's first bus ride to school.

CC products used:  Bazill chips - paisleys, MME So Sophie Graceful paper and journal card and embelllishments, and FP It's the Little Things alpha.
Non-CC products used:  1, 1.25, 2.5 and 3inch circle punches, and SU more mustard ribbon.

Then, for the other half of the LO, which documents Sam's first day at school, I turned the sketch 90 degrees so that the shaped paper looked like a sun setting over the shore (similar to the photo). 

CC products used:  Bazill Chips - paisleys, MME So Sophie Graceful paper and journal card and embellishments.

Non-CC products used:  3inch scallop circle punch, 1inch circle punch, SU elegant eggplant ribbon, K&Co fresh paint die cut chipboard frame, SU tempting turquoise stamping spot, AC thickers - regards - patterned.

More focus group projects soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment