Friday, June 15, 2012

Subway Art and 3-D elements

So this past week's challenge at Crop Chocolate was to create a project with a 3-D element, using a mix of masculine and feminine patterned papers.  And for challenge #9, Paper Girls Challenge Blog wanted us to use Subway Art on a project.  Since I had never used subway art, I had to look it up and then decided to combine the two challenges (yes, again).

I also decided to use my new Cameo, as they had subway art files.  I chose one for dad's since it's almost father's day (and I needed a card for my CH anyway).  Here is the final project (I think it's kind of simple, so I might add something, but I'm not sure yet):


Besides my Cameo, I also used my EP Happy Days 6x6 paper, SU crushed curry cardstock, and MM crystal brad.  I'm not happy that the cut out is crooked, but it is what it is (my mantra is "If it was perfect, it wouldn't be homemade").  The 3-D element is the pinwheel, which is also cut by my Cameo.  I think I scaled the file a little too much, but I did get it to work.

Hope you enjoy (and I hope my DH does too).

No comments:

Post a Comment