Friday, April 13, 2012

A sketch and a recipe

Yes, I did it once again - I combined two challenges together!!!  I can't believe how much time it really saves to do this.  Although I have to admit, this one took me a little longer to figure out just because the recipe was a very interesting one and I didn't want to stray too far from the sketch.  So here goes.

The sketch was from one of my fellow CC DT members that she made for the latest CropChocolate.com challenge.  We had to use this sketch and masking to create a project.

Oh how the ideas flowed.  I am on a kick right now to scrap the photos from my 2010 SGK 3-day walk, so I pulled out the 5x7 pictures, and picked one that I felt would work.  Then I pulled the recipe out from the Paper Girls Challenge Blog for their challenge this week and went to work figuring out how to combine them.  The recipe was: 1 photo, 2 journal cards, 3 ribbons/trims/twine, 4 stamped images, 5 non paper embellishments (brads, buttons, etc), and a bonus of 6 words in the title.  I have been having a lot of fun joining in on the challenges at PCG (they are up to 5 now), and haven't missed one yet (WOOHOO me!!!).

Here's what I came up with.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, except for the title.  I wish I was better at placing the letters so they are evenly spaced and fit all on one line.  The masking was done with a ribbon die-cut, a sponge and SU passion pink ink.

The background paper is from MME Kraft Fun Day Happy Days bundle (from CC).  The blue paper is from MME Stella and Rose Gertie (from CC).  The pink strips are from EP Be Mine 6x6 (from CC).

1 photo - self explanatary I hope.
2 journal cards - one cut from Be Mine paper, and one from Gertie - "Girly" sticker tag with date on it. 3 ribbons/trims/twine - yellow ribbon from Gertie, and two different colors of twine from Happy Days.
4 stamped images - heart, 2 sneakers and pink ribbon (from OT breast cancer set).
5 non paper embellishments - 2 different color buttons from Gertie, wood banner from Happy Days, flowers from MM glitter clears bright flowers (from CC), pink brad from Bo Bunny All Stuck Up (from CC).
6 words in title - I might have cheated here a little by using the numbers instead of the words, but I felt it had more impact that way.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the recipe challenge! Thanks for joining in at Paper Girls challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete